Celebrating Mother's Day at a distance
Being a mum is such a special experience, but can be challenging at times, which is why it's so important to show your mum or mother figure appreciation when you can.
We're not always able to spend Mother's Day with our mum, for geographical reasons for instance, but it's still important to make this day as special as possible for her!
Read on for our ideas and tips on how to celebrate Mother's Day at a distance.
Tip #1: Surprise your mum!
If you live far away from your mum, she won't be expecting you to pop by for a visit, making it all the more fun to come up with something she'd never expect. A videocall is great, but let's try for something more unique.
You could have a gift delivered to her address, for example, giving her something to unwrap on this special day.
- Create a personalised photo album: A photo album is a fantastic gift. Full of memories, it offers hours of fun and is truly a gift your mum will love. Personalising your own photo album is easy! Simply add your favourite photos, whether they're photos from your childhood, family reunions, the holidays or other special moments spent together. Add our fun Mother's Day designs and the texts of your choice to complete your photo album.
- Create a personalised mug: Keeping loved ones close is always lovely, and creating her very own personalised mug, featuring a great photo or photos, is the perfect way to remind her how special she is with every cup of tea or coffee she enjoys.
- Personalised chocolate: Who doesn't enjoy delicious chocolate? You can't go wrong with chocolate, especially if you make it extra original! Personalised your chocolate gift with the photo, name and/or text of your choice.
Tip #2: Send a sweet message
Mum knows you best. She's watched you grow up. It can be a challenging role sometimes, so she definitely deserves to be pampered on Mother's Day. Treat her to some sweet words, written just for her.
Add a message to a personalised card, along with a sweet photo of the two of you, for example. We offer greeting cards in various types and sizes, so you will always find what you're looking for and the one that best matches your message. You could even go for a personalised chocolate card!
Tip #3: I just called to say I love you
Do you and your mum traditionally spend Mother's Day together?
If you are unable to this year, but you still wish to spend time with your mum, we've got some ideas for you:
- Look at old photos together: As mentioned above, a personalised photo album makes a wonderful gift. Why not order the book twice, so that you and your mum can each have one for your homes, and you can spend Mother's Day on a videocall going through them all. There's a story behind every photo!
Gift tips: Send her a personalised wellness gift set to end the day with.
- Movie night: If you and your mum enjoy watching the same movies or tv shows, plan a movie night at a distance! Grab some popcorn, your drink of choice and press play!
Gift tips: Surprise her with a personalised mug or personalised fleece blanket for the movie night.
- Fun in the kitchen: If you share a passion for cooking or baking, why not cook the same dish and enjoy it together via video call? Have your very own virtual dinner date!
Gift tips: How about an engraved chopping board or a personalised apron?
Benefit from an exclusive 10% discount on all gifts with the discount code BLOG10
. Enter the discount code in the shopping cart at the time of purchase and you will immediately receive a 10% discount on the entire cart.*
View all Mother's Day gifts>
*The discount is not valid in combination with other discounts or special offers and does not apply to shipping costs.